By increasing the number of geneticists utilizing telehealth, and educating families on the availability of telehealth as a service option, MGN will increase the number of individuals who have access to genetic services.
What is the Telegenetics Project’s Charge?
- Establish a telegenetics workgroup made up of stakeholders to advise and guide project work
- Create a baseline report on the status of telegenetics services in MGN region
- Create strategic plan to address barriers, identify solutions, and increase use of telegenetics
- Collaborate with Heartland Genetics Network and Upper Midwest Telehealth Resource Center to provide trainings to providers
- Develop online training for patients and their families to increase awareness of and confidence in telegenetics
- Facilitate ongoing telegenetics learning community for providers